And this is it...drum roll please....THE HYPOCRICY INDEX. Here in, all comments linked to this particular post are dedicated to the identification of hypocricy. That is, if you come across a nice example of one or more hypocrites executing some kind of behavior or writing words that convince/prove his/her/their hypocricy, please post it to this thread.
Here are the guidelines - note, I say guidelines becuase bloggers are notorious for following their own rules:
1) Here is the definition of hypocricy that I am using when I type the word -
- The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
- An act or instance of such falseness.
- an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction [syn: lip service]
- insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have
2) You should clearly describe the behavior that obviates the hypocricy. Present links to said evidence when you can. This guideline is here to stop people from simply calling people names for the fun of it, which in turn could debase the whole discourse (something we don't want to do).
3) Anyone posting to the Hypocricy Index will be held to the highest degree of Integrity. I define it myself becuase I have yet to find a truly encompasing definition. I have posted this long ago on this Blog, but it bears repeating here.
The wisdom to know what is right to do
combined with the courage to act and the will to do so
and the valor to admit when wrong
- windspike Oct. 99.
I am curious to see what the world comes up with. I'll get us started with the first couple.
Hypocricy 1 - People who profess a love for the outdoors and then toss their still burning cigarette butts out the window as they speed down the road. Evidence - I am sure you all have seen this happen while driving behind one or more vehicles
Hypocricy 2 - people who claim to be "uniters" who then, in turn, take divisive actions that aim directly at dividing.
Now, I don't actually have evidence for the latter, beyond the latest vote in the latest election. People on the right are quick to point out that just over half the country selected this country, but fail to notice that almost half the country did not. Not only is this a record turn out in voters and a president winning a popular vote, but likewise, this is a record number of votes against! Hence, a country divided.
Carry on my wayward bloggers.