Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Did you know Barbara Streisand blogs?

I just found out the power of lots of comments on blog entries. I was checking out Barlow's latest entry, and found that there were about 44 comments left underneath a particularly poignant Jeffersonian quote. Low and behold, there were some insightful statments made and equally fun links to different places in cyberland.

I found out that Barbara Streisand blogs (or at least her publicist presents her "statements" online) and tends to quote the same people as Barlow. Also, there was one particularly humerous rant about the South. Personally, I think it was a bit harsh, but then again, if you are not laughing then you don't get it, I suppose. Lastly, I found the wixpedia location, to which I have never clicked upon, that addresses our founding fathers. As a history buff, I did enjoy clicking on some of the lesser known aformentioned forefathers, and seeing their pics and bios where available. I wonder what they would have thought of all the hoopla surrounding the latest election. Tough to guess, but we know that they were not abject to letting a little blood spill in the name of liberty, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness. But we also know that they were very astute in asserting that there be separation of church and state (unlike the Bushies who tend to want to inextricably bind the two by appointing conservative extremist activist judges to various benches).

Oh, and did you know that the Bible Belt States lead the nation in divorce rates?

Go figure, these are the folks that are against same sex marriage? Perhaps they should be just against marriage in general.

No comments: