Wednesday, March 15, 2006

W: Gay Friendly or Gay Enemy?

I notice some bloggers tickling the subject regarding the policy toward hetero and homosexual security clearences, but have a look here at how tangled up Scotty gets when asked about it. It's really quite humurous and embarrasing at how he trys to spin his way out of this wormhole:
Q Scott, the administration has removed some language from the rules allowing gays and lesbians to get national security clearances. The language is that sexual orientation may not be used as a basis for, or a disqualifying factor in determining a person's eligibility for a security clearance. Why did they remove that language?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, the language that you're referring to is based on an executive order that was put in place by the previous administration. And that executive order is aimed at preventing discrimination based on sexual orientation, and it has some very specific language in that executive order. There's no change in our policy. The language that you're referring to reflects what is in that executive order.

Q So why take it out if there's no change in policy?

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't think they took out language. I think that they updated the language to reflect exactly what was spelled out in the executive order. There's no change in the policy.

Q But they took this language out. This is gone. It doesn't say that anymore.

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't know what language you're specifically referring to, because I think the language is very similar to what it says in the executive order and the policy remains the same.
I have an answer to the question posed in the title of this post. What's yours?

6 comments:

pissed off patricia said...

Fuck! Give me a more difficult question.

I saw Scottie dealing with that today. He totally flew up his own ass on that one.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for blogging on this, I was going to do it myself, but you've saved me the trouble. Mind if I whore this a little later?

This is a very "back to the future," sort of thing for me. (Carried a security clearance many moons ago.) And I remember the days when being gay was a basis upon which you could be disqualified. I cheered the change in policy in the '90s and am saddened that we're not retreating on the issue.

Leave it to Bu$hCo.

enigma4ever said...

Oh, great..nothing like Invisible propaganda...yup take the language away and that is the messege....Scotty continues to look like the PopNFresh Doeboy all suited up , hmm , so when do we stick him in the ol'oven...

( or has the Press Room become the Oven ? ahshucks and booohoooo)

Yukkione said...

maybe the guy that got the press pass for Gukert had something to do with this.

Neil Shakespeare said...

"Gay Stupid" I think is the correct answer.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to mention that I linked your post and added additional commentary on the issue of banning gay adoptions.

When we begin the process of making a class of prople "strangers" to our laws, it's truly a sad time for this country.