Friday, February 03, 2006

I Refuse To Talk About An Ongoing Matter

Hummph! I'm not gonna do it. I'm not going to talk about...oop, you almost got me talkin' about it...but I'm not gonna do it:
Q Is the President -- will he give Libby's defense team access to the presidential daily briefs?

MR. McCLELLAN: I'm sorry?

Q Libby's defense team is asking for access to --

MR. McCLELLAN: You know where we stand on the investigation. The President directed the White House to cooperate fully and that's what we have done and will continue to do.

Q I'm sorry, is that a "yes" or "no"? Will you give them access to the PDBs?

MR. McCLELLAN: You need to direct any questions about the investigation to the Office of Special Counsel. That's an ongoing matter and we do not comment on it.
Come on, Scotty, show us some love. Why do you think Scooter's crack team of legal beagles need/want those PDBs for in the first place? This a better question than the above reporter's, but it still would gets no answer.

No comments: