Friday, January 13, 2006

Ostrich?

Does the president regularly need to dust the Iraqi sand out of his eyes and ears to see what's going on at home, or is he really so blind that he can't see what's happening? Have a gander:
We're aware of the issues here. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you all about how we can continue to work together. I will tell you, the contrast between when I was last here and today, Stephen, is pretty dramatic. It may be hard for you to see, but from when I first came here to today, New Orleans is reminding me of the city I used to come to visit. It's a heck of a place to bring your family. It's a great place to find some of the greatest food in the world and some wonderful fun. And I'm glad you got your infrastructure back on its feet. I know you're beginning to welcome citizens from all around the country here to New Orleans. And for folks around the country who are looking for a great place to have a convention, or a great place to visit, I'd suggest coming here to the great -- New Orleans.
Incidentially, the NOLA that I have visited a number of times has some really interesting forms of entertainment. Do you think shrub is advocating we partake in some of the "wonderful fun" offered just off the Bourbon Street? Isn't that mighty Christian of him.

Oh, on another note: Iis it me or was this another staged event so he could play politics with the good people of New Orleans?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a heck of a place to bring your family.

He's not serious, is he?! The one time I went to the Big Easy, though I love it dearly, I barely got out alive! I had to stay drunk 24/7 just so that I could stand being on the streets of the French Quarter. And the food...the food...sugar compounded by butter and lard.

Booze, binging, and debauchery! Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Anonymous said...

make . it . stop

Unknown said...

wish . i . could
...---... for the American people