Friday, January 13, 2006

Joker, Joker, Joker - This Joker's Wild


One picture from the wire says a bunch, but why rely on a pic when you can entertain yourself with the wit of our fair president?
And so I'm standing in the White House at a Christmas reception, and in walks Tommy Longo. He's the Mayor of Waveland, of course. And he had on a fantastic suit. (Laughter.) I nearly fell out. (Laughter.) Tommy Longo in a suit? (Laughter.) I said, "Where did you get that thing?" He said, "It's amazing what you can find in the rubbish." (Laughter.)

...I remember being down in Biloxi. I think it was my first trip. And it was hot and it was steamy. An old lady walked up to me and said to me -- I said, "How are you doing?" And she looked at me and she said, "Not worth a darn." (Laughter.) And I said, "Well, I don't blame you." She said, "I've been paying all my life for my insurance. Every time that bill came I paid it. Every single month. And all of a sudden the storm hit, Mr. President, and I came time to collect, and they told me, no." And she was plenty unhappy and she was looking for anybody she could be unhappy with, and I just happened to be the target. (Laughter.) I think Gene was with me then, I might have shared the story with Gene about that.
What do you call a president who should quit his day job, but can't make it as a stand up comic? I have a few choice words, but you may do better by posting a comment to this entry.

There's actually more to this funny business the W calls being president. Have gander at more timely stabs at humor:
Q -- been discussed. Are you in favor of sanctions against Iran in the Security Council, and what kind of sanctions should that be? And another question is, in Germany, there's a discussion about intelligence, secret service people working in Baghdad during the Iraq war. From your knowledge, did the German intelligence help the U.S. before and during the Iraq war in Baghdad?

PRESIDENT BUSH: I have no idea about the latter. (Laughter.) You did say, secret intelligence, right? (Laughter.) I understand. I really -- the truth of the matter is, the Chancellor brought this up this morning. I had no idea what she was talking about. The first I heard of it was this morning, truthfully.

Secondly, the first part of your question was Iran.

Q Iran, sir.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Okay, good. Sometimes when you mix them up, it throws us off balance, you know?

2 comments:

Neil Shakespeare said...

Well, if she was looking for someone to be unhappy with, Bush would fit the bill. I'm unhappy with him, I know that.

MG said...

Nice picture ;p