Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Woke Up From a Dream

More like a nightmare. All this terrorist fear mongering by the W, Rove and Co must be getting to my subconscious, I suppose. Don't ask me why, but in this dream, I had gotten on the wrong train and didn't realize it until it was too late. In the haste to exit and redirect my ride, I left a whole bag of groceries on the train -never to see them again.

I wondered into a school - some high school youth grabs me and turns me around, like he was trying to pick a fight. "Strong, eh?" he says. I agree. He keeps moving. I head round the school.

On the horizon, I see a burgeoning black cloud of smoke, choked with cinder, nano-sized shards of glass that burned the skin, tearing it open. It looked not unlike the tumult of smoke, blood and cinder spilling from the world trade center. It was inescapable.

For some reason, I found myself up in one of the dormitory towers in a room fool of teenagers. We had the television on, but no one was reporting anything on the black cloud. I was trying to ring up my family on the cell with no luck. Each of the kids begged me to try my phone, but it was no use.

The black cloud pushed over the building and it was like the darkest of nights in winter. No relenting, this is when I woke up.

I put on my running gear and headed out the door. Perhaps the most surreal thing about the whole dream/nightmare was how normal everyone was conducting their daily routines - heading to work, walking the dog, etc... It took me about four miles to shake the dream.

No comments: