Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Who's the Puppet and Who's the Master?

I love the last sentence out of Scotty's mouth at today's press briefing. Makes me wonder who is in charge in the Whitehouse. Do you?
Q If it were raining inside the White House would that somehow affect your ability to carry on the briefing? I know it's a hypothetical, but come on.

MR. McCLELLAN: Come on, John. The point is that this process was set up by the President. He appointed a bipartisan advisory panel. Maybe you can't understand that, but they were set out to look at all these issues, and to make their recommendations. We appreciate greatly their work. And what we're going to do is let those go to the Treasury Secretary as it was laid out to you all a long time ago. Maybe you want to jump ahead of that process. But I'm not going to do it from here. The President is going to make the decisions in due course. But that's after the Treasury Secretary sends him recommendations. And that's the way we're going to proceed.

I'm not going to try -- I'm not going to try to limit the President's options or predict what he may or may not propose. We will do that in due course[Emphasis Added].

Of course, taken in context with the preceeding sentence, it leads me to the title of this post.

No comments: