Monday, April 24, 2006

You Know, We Are In Deep Shit When...

The president says some thing like this:
I based a lot of my foreign policy decisions on some things that I think are true. One, I believe there's an Almighty, and secondly, I believe one of the great gifts of the Almighty is the desire in everybody's soul, regardless of what you look like or where you live, to be free. I believe liberty is universal. I believe people want to be free. And I know that democracies do not war with each other. And I know that the best way to defeat the enemy, the best way to defeat their ability to exploit hopelessness and despair is to give people a chance to live in a free society.
Let me reiterate here. The president based a lot of his foreign policy decisions on some things that he thinks are true. The president confirms today that he leads by faith, not fact...I think the American people deserve better, don't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gott im Himmel! Dieses man ist verukt.
(God in Heaven! This man is crazy.)

I always default to German at times of great personal stress. :-)

Neil Shakespeare said...

Democracies don't make war. Democracies don't pursue nuclear weapons. Oh, fuck no. A democracy would never, ever invade another country on false pretenses. Absolutely not. The only nation that's ever dropped a nuclear bomb...er, excuse me, 'nuculur' bomb...is...hmmm....goddammit, it's a democracy isn't it? Actually, I think he prays to The Oilmighty.