Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Off With Scotty's Head

Today's press briefing was laced with the usual amount of duck, cover and roll political parlor tricks executed by republican spokesmodel Scotty McMessage McClellan. But if you have a look at the text, you can see that the W, Rove and Co Whitehouse is a sinking ship - about to spring an even bigger leak letting more rats off very soon - which may very well include pretty-boy Scott himself:
Q I know you don't discuss personnel matters, but there are growing reports/rumors by my brethren that Scott McClellan is going to ride off into the sunset, specifically a story in The Washington Post this morning saying that Scott McClellan is going to leave and be replaced by Dan Senor. As though you were under oath --

MR. McCLELLAN: Must have missed that story.

Q -- as though you were under oath, can you give us a simple "yes" or "no" answer? Is the story correct?

Q Was that in the The Washington Post?

Q No. (Laughter.)

MR. McCLELLAN: I missed that story. I didn't see that one in The Washington Post.

Q But what's your comment?

MR. McCLELLAN: I appreciate the question, and as I've said, I never speculate on personnel matters. Period. Go ahead.

No comments: