Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Rocking On Chairs In Texas: Another Rat Jumps The Sinking Ship

Here's two minutes of an insignificant Whitehouse happening today. Remember though, when asked directly about whether Scotty was going to be a part of the shake up just the other day, he was less than forthcoming in his answer; which about sums up this administration as mainly less than genuine in their intent and actions. I'm in favor of impeaching as many people in the W, Rove and Co so that they all may be rocking in chairs in a Texas prison sooner rather than later:
9:39 A.M. EDT

MR. McCLELLAN: Good morning, everybody. I am here to announce that I will be resigning as White House Press Secretary.

Mr. President, it has been an extraordinary honor and privilege to have served you for more than seven years now, the last two years and nine months as your Press Secretary.

The White House is going through a period of transition; change can be helpful, and this is a good time and good position to help bring about change. I am ready to move on. I've been in this position a long time, and my wife and I are excited about beginning the next chapter in our life together.

You have accomplished a lot over the last several years with this team, and I have been honored and grateful to be a small part of a terrific and talented team of really good people.

Our relationship began back in Texas, and I look forward to continuing it, particularly when we are both back in Texas.

THE PRESIDENT: That's right. (Laughter.)

MR. McCLELLAN: Although, I hope to get there before you. (Laughter.)

I have given it my all, sir, and I've given you my all. And I will continue to do so as we transition to a new Press Secretary over the next two to three weeks. Thank you for the opportunity.

THE PRESIDENT: First of all, I thank Scott for his service to our country. I don't know whether or not the press corps realizes this, but his is a challenging assignment dealing with you all on a regular basis. And I thought he handled his assignment with class, integrity. He really represents the best of his family, our state and our country. It's going to be hard to replace Scott. But, nevertheless, he's made the decision and I accept it.

One of these days he and I are going to be rocking on chairs in Texas, talking about the good old days and his time as the Press Secretary. And I can assure you I will feel the same way then that I feel now, that I can say to Scott, job well done.

MR. McCLELLAN: Thank you, sir.

END 9:41 A.M. EDT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Heckuva job there Scotty."

Now it's time for a fantasy replacement. :-)

Neil Shakespeare said...

Well, Spike, I guess you're not gonna have Scotty to kick around anymore, are you? I bet yer gonna miss him, aren't ya?

Unknown said...

Well, Neil. There's always his replacement...could it be Heather Locklier as some would druther? I was/am hoping for Angelina Joli, but I dare not hold my breath. Too many tats for the W, Rove and Co.