Monday, April 17, 2006

When Getting To The Point Is Pointless

Q - When is getting to the point pointless?
A - When you are asking questions at a Whitehouse press briefing.

Have a look for yourself:
Q Scott, in early June 2003, did Vice President Cheney tell President Bush that CIA Officer Valerie Plame was the wife of Joseph Wilson?

MR. McCLELLAN: You know that -- and I wouldn't read anything into this one way or the other -- you know that I can't get into talking about this matter. It's an ongoing legal proceeding at this point. And we've had a policy in place for a long time. I appreciate you asking the question, but I know that you have heard me say we're not going to get into discussing an ongoing legal proceeding.

Q Has Prime Minister Tony Blair cancelled an upcoming trip with the U.S.?

MR. McCLELLAN: We haven't made any announcements on any trips by Prime Minister Blair.

Q Well, that's why I'm asking. Has he cancelled --

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't have anything to add to what I just said. I mean, we haven't announced any trip that he was making to the United States.

2 comments:

Ellie said...

good point. How about when Bush was asked point blank why we invaded Iraq if there were no weapons of mass destruction. He just skirted around the question and didn't say anything real. Leads you to wonder if the accusations of the republicans putting people in the crowd with scripted questions are really true...

Neil Shakespeare said...

Being in the White House Press Corps must be the most frustrating job on the planet.