Friday, December 02, 2005

Whitehouse Eliminates Christmas

Gee - Do you think Rev. Falwell is pissed at the president too? Given the recent announcment by Rev. Falwell, do you think he will be siccing his fundamental christian warrior lawyers on the W, Rove and Co?
Q Scott, a two-part question. I'm sure that I am not alone in being very grateful for the President and Mrs. Bush's invitation to what used to be the Christmas party for the media, but which now reads, "A Holiday Reception." And I hope -- my question is, I hope you and the President will understand, given the recent statement by Speaker Hastert emphasizing Christmas, why I am compelled to ask why the Bush White House has eliminated Christmas and replaced it with the world "holiday"?

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't know that that's accurate, that the Bush White House eliminated --

Q It is. Yes, it's no longer Christmas. It says, "holiday."

No comments: