Saturday, December 31, 2005

Spank You Mr. President

Does anyone actually listen to the President's weekly radio address? Again I ask, simply because a president says something, does that make it true? If I were to present conclusions like he does, with no evidence, I would be outcast and ridiculed by my colleagues. Any president who suggests that he is responsible for job creation or the like aught back it up with strong correlations derived from solid, empirically justified, statistically driven analysis. But no, we have to take this man on faith?

As we are short on this year, I am short on faith for this president. He has yet to earn my trust, and frankly, I can't detect one iota of honesty from the man, just more misleading banter. I repeat, does anyone listen to his radio addresses? And if so, do they really believe him? If so, why?
In 2005, America grew in prosperity, advanced the cause of freedom and peace, and enhanced our security. Our duties continue in the new year, and I'm confident that our nation will meet the challenges that lie ahead
I say to you, Mr. President - prove it! Simply because some numbers change in your record books don't prove any direct correlation nor a causal relationship between how the W, Rove and Co has acted and the way things have changed. Mr. President, if you can't prove that any of this happened or was caused by your administration, don't play politics with our emotions. It's not nice.

Happy New Year to y'all in the blogisphere, but spank you; spank you very much, Mr. President.

5 comments:

isabelita said...

'spike, there's absolutely no point in spending one iota of your energy trying to believe Bush and his handlers. He is a criminal, all his true masters are criminals, they are pillaging and destroying this country and planet for our children. Frankly, I would be glad if they were transported to Uzbekistan and boiled. Oh, I mena, if someone accidentally threw hot tea on them... I am not being humorous. They have shown what sort of monsters tehy are, and they need to step down.

SheaNC said...

isabelita is right. And that quote from the radio broadcast... if I dodn't know it was real, I'd swear it was satire. That's how bizarre 2005 was!

enigma4ever said...

They are criminals and need to be removed from office, and recieve swift and able Justice, and yes, there is a prison somewhere waiting to recieve the Lot of them....and not soon enough....

( About the radio addresses that the King reads from the sheet of paper they give him , he is too ignorant to even question the paper or the word, he believes in his own power and glory , his own propaganda, that is what makes him so dangerous.)

enigma4ever said...

oh, and Happy New Year and good wishes Windspike...

frstlymil said...

Happy New Year to ya!

Okay, so I tried to listen to his radio addresses, but it had the same effect on me as watching WWF wrestling. "C'Mon! That's so fake! No one's gonna buy that!" - That, and I could hear the smirk in his voice - and I do loath that sanctimonious, school yard bully smirk that he sports around. I tried. And I truly find it hard to believe that ANYONE buys what he says - especially those who go to church - have they no ability to see the fox in the hen house? Guess not. Let's hope that the dems get off their frightened little asses and actually do something this year - and that the American people continue to wake up to the fact they've been royally had.