Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Rumsfeld Resignation Imminent?

This is an interesting question, but not one that is heard outside D.C. I wonder if we are up for big news tomorrow. And if Rummy resigns, will they arrest and trot him on the perp walk for war crimes?
Q Scott, I'm sure you're aware there are rumors swirling inside the beltway that Secretary Rumsfeld will leave after tomorrow's election. And yet he says, "I have no plans to resign" -- or to leave. And yet we all know that the Secretary serves at the pleasure of the President. Does the President -- or I should talk to the Secretary -- does he plan to remove him or replace him, and if so --

MR. McCLELLAN: I think that those rumors were pretty much addressed last week or the week before. I think they were pretty much put to rest pretty quick. Secretary Rumsfeld is doing an outstanding job during a time of war, and we appreciate all that he's doing.

Q As a follow-up, though, if he should decide to leave, is the leading candidate --

MR. McCLELLAN: You know I don't speculate on personnel matters.

Q -- is the leading candidate Senator Lieberman, or can you say --

MR. McCLELLAN: I just answered your question.

2 comments:

enigma4ever said...

"these people should resign"...you meant go to jail..right/ Could not find the Rummy post:(

Unknown said...

Dear E4E,

The link was for the text of the press briefing which was pasted below my paragraph. There was no specific article, just the text of the discourse between scotty and the reporter.

Resign and get trotted in a very public perp walk would be splended. Jail time is optional. How about sending them all to NOLA to work in the districts they forgot to assist when they should have?