Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Now, it Really is a Band Wagon

With Sir Mic Jagger getting in on the fun, we know that trashing the W, Rove and Co is really become the rage. I love the lyric from the Rolling Stones' forthcoming album slated for release in September:
"You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite
You call yourself a patriot. Well, I think your are full of shit!
... How come you're so wrong, my sweet neo-con."
No doubt the same folks who were trashing Springsteen and the like when they came out before the election against the W, Rove and Co will be all over the Stones for this one. But for me, I say Rock on Brothers, Rock On.

It's time for righteous republicans to take back their party from the people mucking it up for us all. To quote Dylan:
Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.

No comments: