Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Burning Bush Instead of the Flag

Cindy Sheehan may be taking care of her ill mother, but still has some time to Burn Bush as opposed to burning the flag. [Which reminds me of a quote over at Moxie Grrll's right-side box - "I would rather someone was wrapped in the Constitution burning the flag than wrapped in the flag burning the Constitution."]

Flames from the keyboard:
I think the Camp Casey movement is taking a hold and growing because America is sick of the status quo. We are sick of needless death and suffering on both sides. We are sick of paying for a war with our taxes and with our lifeblood that is not making our country more secure. George: your employers cannot tolerate the status quo, either.

"On Sheehan, the grieving mother who has camped near his ranch since Aug. 6, the president said he strongly supports her right to protest. "She expressed her opinion. I disagree with it," Bush said. "I think immediate withdrawal from Iraq would be a mistake," he said. "I think those who advocate immediate withdrawal from not only Iraq but the Middle East are advocating a policy that would weaken the United States."

This is the biggest smokescreen from him yet. I didn't ask him to withdraw the troops, I asked him what Noble Cause did Casey die for. I am still waiting for one of the press corps to ask him that. I am still waiting for that answer. First, we were told WMD?s: false. Then we were told Saddam=Osama: false. Then we were told Saddam was a bad man to his own people and we had to get rid of him: he?s gone. Then we were told the Iraqi people had to have elections: they did. Now we are spreading "freedom and democracy" but we are building 14 permanent bases, some the size of Sacramento, Ca. To me that indicates that we are spreading the cancer of imperialism and usurping THEIR natural resources.

Good point. If you read the press briefings, you will see the Mainstream Media Propaganda Machine really just pitched softballs at W today - slow, easy to hit ones.

No comments: