Monday, August 08, 2005

Already Meeting with Her Last Year is not the Same as Meeting with Her Now

Looks like Cindy Sheehan is getting the full Bush Treatment! Check this out from today's Press Gaggle:

Q Is the President going to meet with the mother who lost a son in Iraq, that's been camped out in front of his ranch?

MR. DUFFY: The President has met with Ms. Sheehan last summer, and as we've said, the National Security Advisor, as well as the Deputy Chief of Staff met with her and other mothers for 45 minutes.

Q On North Korea, how disappointed is the President about the fact that they had to go into a three-week recess with no agreements made?

MR. DUFFY: We have made important progress in this round of talks. There is agreement among the five nations, a consensus that we need a denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. The break in the talks was prompted by the Chinese government, which gives the nations an opportunity to return to their capitals and talk about next steps. We anticipate a reconvening of the talks on August 29th,* so we believe there has been important progress and we're still optimistic that some agreement can be reached.

Q Why won't the President meet with her? I mean, she's camped outside -- I mean, is he at all worried that he's got this mother, someone who lost a kid in Iraq, she's camped out in front of the ranch, both -- I mean, from a PR side of things, but also the substantive -- listening to her -- I mean, why won't he meet with her?

MR. DUFFY: The President did meet with her in June of 2004; he's met with hundreds of families of the fallen. They are private meetings. And he was glad to meet with her at that time. We always mourn the loss of every life. And as I said, he's met with hundreds of families of the fallen.

Q Can we go back to the NTSB thing? Did they request that or is that something that we offered? Do you know how that came about?

MR. DUFFY: Let me see what I have on that.

Q Because that would indicate maybe that there is some suspicion there about that.

MR. DUFFY: I have what I have.

Q Trent, on Ms. Sheehan, what was the White House's message to her in the meeting with her over the weekend?

MR. DUFFY: As I said and reported, that Mr. Hagin and Mr. Hadley listened to her concerns.

Q Did they -- what was their response to her? I mean, did they welcome her concerns, did they --

MR. DUFFY: It was a private meeting. As I said on the wire call, she suggested and expressed on more than three occasions that she was very appreciative for them coming out.

Here's a little background on why she has every right to be pissed at the W, Rove and Co:
BuzzFlash: Your son Casey died April 4 in Iraq. Whom do you hold responsible for your loss?

Cindy Sheehan: George W. Bush.

BuzzFlash: Why?

Cindy Sheehan: I think he rushed into this war -–this invasion –- without having proper intelligence. And the reasons he went are so clearly wrong -–from his false claims that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction to there being no connection between Iraq and Saddam and Osama bin Laden. He diverted attention and troops and resources from Afghanistan and Al Qaeda to Iraq.

I don’t think Iraq has anything to do with the war on terror, except now terrorists are crossing the borders to go and kill innocent Iraqis and our troops. So he went almost unilaterally, with very little international support, to invade a country. They didn’t have a plan for the peace or for the occupation of Iraq.

My son was killed by Shiite insurgents. I believe George Bush created the insurgency by his failed policies and that’s why my son was killed.
And more words to consider from Cindy:
I felt like I was in Bizarro World as I heard George speak about 9/11 five times and mention terrorism 31 times, even though these rationales for war have been disproved repeatedly. I think George thinks that since we believed him once about terrorism vis-à-vis Iraq, that we must therefore be gullible enough to believe him this time. I don't know, and I am not a professional pundit, but my theory is he might have mentioned 9/11 to manipulate our emotions and maybe even frighten us a little again?

The thing that struck me when I was watching that vacuous man giving his hollow speech was the fact that he could have always replaced the word "terrorists" with the phrase: "my moronic and callous foreign policies" For example, when he said that terrorists spread death and destruction on the streets of Baghdad and kill innocent people, he could have just as easily said: "My moronic and callous foreign policies spread death and destruction on the streets of Baghdad and kill innocent people." When he said that we need to stop terrorists from toppling governments in the region, he could have just as easily said: "We need to stop my moronic and callous foreign policies from toppling governments in the region." People have characterized the speech-lite in many ways, but if I had to pick a few words to describe it, I would say: "Hypocritical, manipulative, condescending, meaningless drivel."

No wonder the W's testicles have retracted and he doesn't want to meet with this woman. He hasn't had someone tell him he's an idiot to his face for low about 5 or 6 years, at least. Again, the Prez's actions, or inactions more accurately, speek volumes - he's a coward.

3 comments:

afb said...

Keep posting about Cindy! She is a member of our little forum.

The Political Switchboard

join us so you can be kept up to date.

marie

Ken Grandlund said...

coward is a polite way to describe him....

Anonymous said...


Karl, where are you when I need you?

Had the man been Master of His Domain and met with Cindy on Day 1 this would be over and done with at the end of the day. It's wonderful how Bush can fail in the little things as well as the large ones, he's consistent.