Tuesday, August 23, 2005

More From Mr. Penn - An Appropriate Name for Some One On a Journalist Visa to Iran

Looks like this is going to be installment two in a whole series of articles from Penn's June journey to Iraq. I don't know if you wil, but I kind of liked his opening paragraph. It's entertaining:
We were sitting in Nayeb restaurant in central Tehran. I’d been holding a piss through the hours of prayer service. So after I ordered my lunch, I excused myself to the men’s room. “Men’s” was written in Farsi above, and “Manly” in English below. I stepped into the water closet, grateful to just have a piss. If I’d had more serious business there, it would’ve been a squat job with no hook for one’s jacket. Now, that would’ve been manly.

Check out the video clip from Penn and what passes for fiddle playing at the Grand Bazzar in Tehran.

No comments: