I found this headline burried at about page 11 in the front section of our local news rag. I am wondering why it is that only the Washington Post is carrying this story...is it becuase it is such a resounding thump on the head of the Bush Administration? Is it because it is proof that the comander-in-thief really did lie to take us into Iraq? Humm...you be the judge:
Search for Banned Arms In Iraq Ended Last Month
by Dafna Linzer Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
The hunt for biological, chemical and nuclear weapons in Iraq has come to an end nearly two years after President Bush ordered U.S. troops to disarm Saddam Hussein. The top CIA weapons hunter is home, and analysts are back at Langley.
In interviews, officials who served with the Iraq Survey Group (ISG) said the violence in Iraq, coupled with a lack of new information, led them to fold up the effort shortly before Christmas.
Four months after Charles A. Duelfer, who led the weapons hunt in 2004, submitted an interim report to Congress that contradicted nearly every prewar assertion about Iraq made by top Bush administration officials, a senior intelligence official said the findings will stand as the ISG's final conclusions and will be published this spring.
Perhaps the Blogisphere will be more receptive and dilligent in making this information widely known by the public, which is continually and in a manipulative way, being miss led by this "administration."
To all bloggers who see my post, please link this snip to your page and spread the word.