Friday, January 21, 2005

Got my new used phone

As soon as I trot to the service provider's office to activate it, I will be out of Cel Phone Hell. Thought you all would like to know that I just got my new used phone - same model as the one I had - off of Ebay from some kind soul. As soon as I trot to the service provider's office to activate it, I will be out of Cel Phone Hell. Hope to use it until the contract runs out in November and get one with a camera feature on it...for taking snaps of things you are not ready to see, as evidence.

Hey, this post reminds me of an old Springsteen tune off the Nebraska (one of my favorites) album..."Used Cars." Had to click it on my Rio Music Player as I typed this note.

"Mister, the day the lottery I win,
I ain't ever gonna ride in no used care again.
Now the neighbors come from near and far
as we pull up in our brand new used car...

I wish he'd just hit the gas and let out a cry
and tell 'em all they can kiss our asses goodbye

Well, okay, I wax nostalgic. Any smart invester knows that buying a new car is like sitting on the toilet and ripping up 100 dollar bills, wiping, and flushing them down with the shite.

In actuality, you can save yourselves the depreciation by buying used. See this nice, boring, mundane web location to calculate your savings on the money you don't borrow to finance the thing.

No comments: