Saturday, August 05, 2006

When "Cutting Brush" Equals "On Vacation"

Well, shit. While things are on full boil in the Middle East, doesn't every president deserve a mini hiatus to...well...do
some brush-cutting and trail-clearing, followed by a bike ride, and will be doing other vacation relaxation sort of things for the rest of the day.
All's well in Crawford, TX isn't it? Well deserved. Well deserved, eh?

Incidentially, you can have a gander at what the president and his pals were doing on "vacation" as Tony addresses it in the tail end of his gaggle. I'll paste it here for fun:
Q How much brush did he clear?

MR. SNOW: He was doing more trails. So he was working trails this morning.

Q Did you clear some brush?

MR. SNOW: Enough to get this funny little thing on my leg. We knocked down a few trees, and that kind of thing.

Q Did he bike?

MR. SNOW: Yes, he did bike riding today, as well.

Q For how long?

MR. SNOW: More than an hour.

Q Did you go?

MR. SNOW: I don't comment on the people who ride with the President, not even myself.

Q Did you get hurt, really?

MR. SNOW: No, I just got nicked when I was dragging a tree limb. I don't think that quite qualifies as being hurt.

Q And does he have any good vacation books to read? What's he reading?

MR. SNOW: He always does. He's a very aggressive reader. I don't know exactly what he's --

Q What's he reading?

MR. SNOW: I know he's doing a book on Lincoln on Air Force One. It was the Braithway* book. But I don't know beyond that.

Thank you.

No comments: