Thursday, August 24, 2006

Appeasing The Presidential Conscience By "Meetings With Families Of The Fallen"

I can't imagine what it must be like to meet with folk who have lost their loved ones in a war that was ignighted at your behest. Looks like Shurb is on his way to Daddy's location in Kennebunkport. On the way up will be meeting with some folks to ease his conscience and attempt to make himself look good in the eyes of the public:
Q Why is it taking him so long to get to Walker's Point? I mean, that's, like, two-and-a-half hours.

MS. PERINO: The President does have a meeting today with families of the fallen, at the airport. I forgot to mention it, I'm sorry. Thanks, Josh.

Q Will you have any more readout on the families, who the soldiers were?

MS. PERINO: -- not have any further detail on that. So probably not today.

Q Do you know how many?

MS. PERINO: I don't know --

MR. DECKARD: It's five families -- I'll double-check.

MS. PERINO: It's five, plus or minus one. But at least five, I believe.*

Q The fallen soldiers were in Iraq?

MS. PERINO: I'll confirm.

MR. DECKARD: And the family of a sailor who died on September 11th.

* Five families of fallen soldiers, three from Iraq, one from Afghanistan, and one killed on September 11th.
What would you say to Bush if you had lost a loved one in Iraq and had the opportunity to meet the man face-to-face?

No comments: