Thursday, August 17, 2006

If No One Knows When The Iraq Mission Will Be Accomplished, Why Did They Hang The Banner?

Just wondering, if nobody knows when we will be finished in Iraq, why did they hang the Mission Accomplished banner as the President was flown into the aircraft carrier so long ago?
Q Tony, you mentioned, the obvious ultimate goal of getting mission accomplished. When is that going to happen?

MR. SNOW: You tell me. I mean, again -- as I've also said, you don't do this by a clock. The President has practiced strategic patience. The term "The Long War" has been used. If you can tell me when terrorists are suddenly going to turn their swords into plowshares, we'll settle upon that as the date.

Q Is this years in Iraq?

MR. SNOW: I mean. I really don't know. I honestly -- I don't think anybody knows.
This is just the kind of confidence you would expect the democrats to exude wouldn't you? But, might I remind you, these are Republicans in charge here. And what do we get? More security? Do you feel safer today than you did five years ago?

No comments: