Saturday, April 09, 2005

Onward Christian Soldiers

Got this email and link from a friend and I thought the bloggisphere would be interested in the view point:

"Bush's visit to the Pope's funeral is out to find solidarity with bigots of all stripes. The tragedy is that it's too easy to assemble a majority of know-nothings, they know so little of the contradictions that exist among themselves. This is what the founders were against, the tyranny of the majority. That's why we have a republic and not a democracy."

2 comments:

Andrew James said...

I would have to say that the person who made this quote is just as much of a bigot as he or she believes that President Bush is.

Try running a country I bet you can't and I no for certain that I wouldn't be able too.

romablog said...

Andrew James: Fallacy. I disregard your comment because you can not make a claim that one should not be argued against because you yourself would not be able to do better. Especially if they are an elected official.

The article is interesting, though. Washpost seems to get more and more critical of Bush. Makes me think they're not so bad.