Thursday, May 26, 2005

Unk Unks

The real disturbing thing about the whole situation being perpetrated by our fair government about the globe are the things that we don't know that we don't know: otherwise known as the Unknown Unknowns, Unk Unks for short.

If you think what is being reported in the news is troubling, try this exercise:
Close your eyes for a moment, open up your brain for a bit, and spin your wheels thinking about what might it be that they are not sharing? Given what you know and have been experiencing to be true, what might those Unk Unks really look like? Go farther with your imagination than you have ever gone before...

...Whew...okay, wrap it up and open your eyes. That was scary, no?

The song going through my head at the point in my run when I was dreaming up this little exercise was a Beatles tune..."I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in, stops my mind from wondering..." (and I might add, this was rather coincidential given that this is the 40th anniversary of the release of Sgt. Peppers).

No comments: