Friday, May 27, 2005

I'll Leave the Light On For Ya!

I have promised my spouse that I would do less blogging and more talking over this weekend. It will have to suffice for folks to comment at will, as I'll leave the light on for ya - as Robert Fulghum would say, play nice, hold hands, and stick together.

I leave you with my original post about Memorial Day I called TAPS.
Here's the first two paragraphs as a teaser...click away for more:

Out on my AM run, I got to thinking, here we are, just over two weeks away from the Memorial Day Weekend. In my high school days, I lived in a town that actually had a parade - still does I'm sure - to mark the occasion. I played taps as the flag was lowered to half staff (here's a link for those of you unfamiliar with the tune).

Then, I was a hard core trumpet player. I practiced every day and my chops were good enough to get me to the double "c" in the upper register. I played in the symphonic band, the jazz/big band, in the pit orchestra for the various yearly
musicals, and the marching band...



2 comments:

Adia Creator said...

You have a cool site. It's a site I might have to visit more than once. I don't know whether to go to a library or just you.

SheaNC said...

Coincidentally... I was a bass player! A magnificently talented and dynamically creative one, at that. Ate, alept, and breathed bass guitar. Go figure, ay?