Monday, May 16, 2005

Good News for a Change

Finally. A toast should be raised as a fatal blow has been struck to the mega-wealthy, distributing cartels. We will, no doubt, be having wine with dinner tonight and shipping some to friends in states that, before, we couldn't get them a bottle of our favorite Cabernet Franc without fear of getting arrested for no good reason.

Slice:

Vintners broke out the bubbly Monday and began taking calls from East Coast customers eager to order after the Supreme Court struck down bans on out-of-state wine shipments.

2 comments:

SheaNC said...

Right on! As a wine fan myself, I can relate. I am not a connoisseur, though (I had to go to dictionary.com to spell the word). I judge wine by two criteria: 1) Does it have cool artwork on the label? and 2) Is it embarassingly cheap? I once bought a $3 bottle of wine because it had jazzy monkeys on the label. Yes, I am proud.

Unknown said...

Toast to your criteria Shea. Our's is not much higher - if it's red and under 10 bucks, and has a vintage that is at least four years old, buy it. If it sucks, it's a bad bottle of wine. If its good, then we buy more.

Lately, we've gotten into more pricey wines, but they are not usually that much different than the one's for ten bucks...so, in the rare case or two, we spring for something between 10 and 20 bucks.

Found a really nice Shiraz out of Australia for four bucks. I don't know how they can make it and get it to the US for so cheep, but man, it was good.

Kirrallaa 2002 Indelible reserve - found it at Trader Joes.