Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Who Are These "Islamo-Fascists" Anyway?

Helen asks another fantastic question that another W, Rove and Co puppet refuses to answer. Have a look Francis Townsend's failed attempt at spining her way out of a difficult question:
Q Who coined the Islamo-fascist slogan, and what does it mean --

MS. TOWNSEND: I'm not sure I could tell you who coined it --

Q -- in this administration?

MS. TOWNSEND: I'm not sure I could tell you if there is a single author or who coined it. And again, Helen, I guess what I was saying to Elaine is, it's meant to try and capture what is objectionable about the ideology; that is, the use of violence to achieve these ideological ends.

Q Well, why that -- why Islamic? Does it make it a religious connotation?

MS. TOWNSEND: Absolutely. There are many peace-loving Muslims around the world.

Q So it is a religious war?

MS. TOWNSEND: No, I didn't say that. It's not a religious war. What this is about is there is a battle within Islam, itself, for -- in terms of what the ideology is, and there are many devout, pious Muslims, many of whom I've met in my travels around the Muslim world, who are deeply offended by this advocating of violence --

Q But why can't you explain the --

MS. TOWNSEND: Helen, we're going to give somebody else a chance.
Ah, Francis, but you never answered the question.

1 comment:

Frederick said...

Did you take a look at my post on Islamofascism?
Sounds like Fran's got a case of the double speak here...