Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tony Snow Admits He Is In Over His Head Trying To Explain The Illegal Wiretaping Authorized By His Boss

My goodness, truth is stranger than fiction. Today, Helen stumps Tony today and he admits it.

Really, I love Helen Thomas. She wips out the cast iron skillet and pops him soundly. I think his bells are still ringing.

Have a look:
Q Can you give me the administration's reason why 72 hours and 60 days isn't enough, and you don't want to get a warrant to wiretap?

MR. SNOW: I'm not sure if I understand exactly --

Q You oppose getting any warrant for a wiretap.

MR. SNOW: No, we've been working -- what we're trying to do is we are working with Congress to find ways to reform FISA so that you're able not only to have a court proceeding that allows you to gain court warrants when necessary, to do so in a quick and timely basis.

Q But why -- you think a warrant is not necessary?

MR. SNOW: No, I'm just -- look, call me later. I'll talk to the lawyers, I'm getting over my head.

No comments: