Monday, December 13, 2004

War time investments


My father tipped me off to the location of a very revealing photo journal of wartime wounds and practice in the New England Journal Of Medicine

The collection is meant to educate, not horrify, but I can't see how a reasonable person won't be disturbed by the collection. Obvious as to why the Mainstream Media Propaganda Machine stays away from these pics. They can't bear to portray war in all its horrors to a public that would rather remain in denial and support a president who lied to get us there.

As I have said in previous posts, the ROI is simply not worth the outlay.

Incidentially, I am reading Mitch Albom's latest novella,
the five people you meet in heaven. I found an interesting quote that I think applies here (from Page 57, last full paragraph):

"YOUNG MEN GO to war. Sometimes becuase they have to, sometimes because they want to. Always, they feel they are supposed to. This comes from the sad, layered stories of life, which over the centuries have seen courage confused with picking up arms, and cowardice confused with laying them down."


No comments: