Thursday, July 06, 2006

What Happens To Ken Lay's Victims Now That Kenny Boy Is Pushing Up Daisies?

Holy Shit - I thought the government was supposed to be "for" the people:
Q And this one, I don't know if anyone could answer this, but it seems outrageous -- I mean, I'm sorry Ken Lay died, sorry for his family, but I don't understand why the creditors can't somehow sue the estate, just because he died. There's nothing the White House can do to help those poor people out?

MR. SNOW: As I said yesterday also, when it comes to legal matters, the White House, we give duly constituted legal authorities who do their work, and we will allow the court system to process in whatever way, to probate the estate as it sees fit. I am not going to just --

Q The slate is wiped clean because he died.

MR. SNOW: Well, I can't help you with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well going after the estate as part of the punishment for the criminal conviction is now out. But the civil trial, already on deck, will go forward even more quickly.