Monday, October 11, 2004

Quick October Update from my Bro in Baghdad

I sent a quick email to my brother in Baghdad after watching Farenheit 911 the other night on DVD. Asked him if he saw it and what he thought and also who he might be voting for in the coming election. I think that he must have already voted given that it takes a while to get the absentee ballots back to the proper US precincts...anyway, here is his reply:

I'm sure one of these days I will get to see it. As to who I'm voting for, I'll keep that to myself. I don't even tell my wife who I voted for... even if I know we voted the same. There are to things I'm not fond of talking about, politics and religion. The only thing I will say is I can't stand when the two are in bed together.

Well, today was a nice day here. Lots of sun. No rocket attacks. I did respond to an off base call. Unfortunately I can't go into much detail on it. We don't want the bad guys learning what we learned about them. Anyway, we did our job and all our customers were happy.

The local kids (our customers too) like the show as well. Afterward, two of the kids asked for chocolate. I opened one of my MREs and gave the M&Ms to them. They asked for more "chocolate," but I didn't have any more. I offered the main course (chicken something) and they made a face and wouldn't take it. They countered with "cheese." I asked "you want the cheese package?" They repeated the request "Cheese." So I gave them the cheese package. Off they went, cheese and M&Ms in hand.I got a good laugh out of their request. I think they know our MREs better than a lot of our folks.

Well, give your kids a hug and kiss for me. Putting the fact that I'm in a war zone aside, and the fact that I miss my wife and kids, I'm doing great on this end. The time is still flying by.

Take care

No comments: