Monday, October 18, 2004

A note to Mom from my brother

This just in today from my bro. Sounds like he is getting a little homesick. I'll post the pic in the next posting.

Hi Mom,

Funny, as I type, my laptop has photos that come up and change every few seconds. Several of the pictures that come up are from the trip to .... . Nice to read your e-mail and by coincidence see photos of the very place I'm reading about. I truly enjoyed that day. Lots of good memories. While I'm thinking about it (after seeing the view from ...), I would love to take a jetski up the river. That would be a lovely/scenic ride.

Well Mom, I don't have the scenery you have, but it is neat to see the local area around here. The base seems more like a desert than it does off base. Being close to a river, the area off base is pretty green... lush in some places. Not what I expected. Then again, most of Iraq is a desert and can not be farmed. We just happened to be in a wet/green zone (see attached photo).

Not much happening here today. Getting ready to eat lunch at one of the dinning facilities. We have at least four on this base and for a change; we will hit a different one every now and then. Each facility has its good and bad points. Pretty bad when you get enjoyment just by switching dinning facilities. I guess change is good considering at times, it is a lot like Groundhog Day around here.

That is all for now. Say hello to Dad for me.

Love,

No comments: