Thursday, October 21, 2004

Lots of people dying in Iraq's dirty litter box

Unlike the usual comic line people use when passing a cemetery, "lots of people dying to get in there," yuk, yuk, yuk...unfortunately, lots of people are dying to get out of Iraq - with our fair president's defacto draft, that seems to be the only way out of the big litter box for our service men and women:

From PFC Samuel Daniels by way of the NYTimes: "You know, a lot of people are dying around here. We got bigger things on our mind to worry about than who wants to be president."

2 comments:

C said...

My Uncle is a Madter Seargeant in the USNG. He is in Ft. Lewis washington right now waiting to go to Kuwait. He will go on to iraq from there. the thing that peeves me is when he left he was not happy about it of course. But now that he has been training for the trip he is writing about the "really good things they are going to be doing" over there. HELLO! the iraqi body count is upwards of 15,000. Not all insurgents. these are the people we are liberating? I wrote on my blog about Iraq when i first started blogging and no one read it but me. I think it is time to repost it.
Keep up the good work. I blog rolled you.

Unknown said...

Cassandra,

Thanks for the linking. I am sorry to hear about your uncle is in the fray. I was listening to the NPR this AM and they did a piece on these little yellow ribbon magnets that people were putting on their vehicles. Thay said "support our troops" on them. Intersting thing to me is that, perhaps the best way to support our troops is to bring them home. What I can't figure is why the buSHITes say that anyone with that point of view is unpatriotic. I think we are stuck in the quagmire, and I most certainly don't think the one who got us there is the one who can get us out post haste.