Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"The White Tree:" An Injustice Story - Subtitle - Why Does White Libby Get Off Scott Free When Black Men Receive Harsher Sentences For Lesser Crimes?

One of my favorite locations that I haven't visited in a while (GNN) is looking for a few good videos. Here's the teaser that I think folks may be interested in viewing.

Enjoy:



The video lead me to this question: Why does a white Mr. Libby get out of jail free when black men receive substantially harsher sentences for substantially lesser crimes?

5 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Oh my gosh! This video is amazing. Do you mind if I put it on my blog tomorrow? I'll make sure the hat tip goes to you and I'll link your blog.

Unknown said...

Mary Ellen,

By all means. I got it via the list serve that I'm on via GNN. They do fantastic videos and such over there.

Blog on sister.

Neil Shakespeare said...

Well, the obvious answer is that those black men don't know George W. Bush personally. If they'd commit their crimes in HIS name, they'd get off. So next time i rob a c-store I'm going to go in shouting, "In the name of George W. Bush, I'm robbing this place!"

Mary Ellen said...

Thanks windspike, I posted it today. I actually had a guy who I know is a lawyer who said he couldn't tell if there was racism because he didn't hear both sides of the story. I can't see how an all white jury and all white witnesses and an attorney that didn't call any witnesses on his behalf as anything less than blaring KKK style justice. Unbelievable.

enigma4ever said...

am I the only one that has wondered how many of this Regime have white pillowcases hanging in their closet ? ahhh, no I didn't think sooo....
Incredible video...thanks for posting on this...