Friday, August 31, 2007

Say What, Mr. President?!? Interpretation Needed

Have a look at this from the President and see if you can tell me what he's trying to say:
Q So you need those Australian troops there.

THE PRESIDENT: We need all our coalition partners. And I would hope that -- and I understand, look, everybody has got their own internal politics. My only point is, is that whether it be Afghanistan or Iraq, we've got more work to do. We, the free world, has got more work to do. And I believe those of us who live in liberty have a responsibility to promote forms of government that deal with what causes 19 kids to get on airplanes to kill 3,000 students.
The reporter was asking about the 500 Australian troops in Iraq. Did the reporter get a satisfactory answer? Can you tell me how I should interpret what the president did say here?

I'll leave you with a fine quote from our president as you contemplate your comment to the above:
Freedom yields peace. Asia is peaceful. Why? Because freedom is prevailing, that's why.
And...it's peaceful in Iraq because....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


Bite my leg

China drifted out to sea, it's no longer part of Asia.

Everyone human is a student to Barney.

You have another explanation?

Mary Ellen said...

Bush reminded me that blond in the beauty pageant who said that kids in the US couldn't find their own country on a map. She said it was because a lot of people don't have maps and then started rambling on about Africa and Asia. I wonder if her and Bush are related?

Isn't George an embarrassment?