Friday, August 24, 2007

Flush: The Sound Of More Taxpayer Dollars Wasted Because Of The Actions Of The W, Rove And Co.

In case you didn't know it, the W, Rove and Co continually tosses good taxpayer monies after bad. No, I'm not talking about the billions of dollars being flushed into Halliburton's coffers by way of Iraq via no-bid contract awards. No, I'm not talking about the pallets of dollars lost in trying to bribe people in Iraq and Afghanistan to be our friends.

And no, I'm not talking about the FEMA trailers still undistributed to the people of NOLA, or the like. I'm talking about the law suit settlements to people who are mistreated and have their rights violated by the W, Rove and Co.

No doubt, this settlement discussed today will be the first of many:
Q Does the President have any regret that $80,000 in taxpayer funds is being paid to a couple that was forcibly removed from a presidential appearance in West Virginia in 2004 and sued the government and the government arranged this settlement?

MR. JOHNDROE: I've not discussed it with the President, so I'm not familiar.

Q Do you know if the Presidential Advance Manual is being modified in any way so that people who do nothing more than have an anti-Bush slogan on their tee shirt are removed from presidential events?

MR. JOHNDROE: I'm not aware of whether the manual is being revised or not. I think there are rules that govern the conduct of activities at presidential events and people try to adhere to them and, I think, for the most part, do.

5 comments:

isabelita said...

Hey, at least these people deserve that moola. It's shit like rebuilding Trent Lott's vacation home that burns me up.

Anonymous said...

I'm not aware of whether the manual is being revised or not. I think there are rules that govern the conduct of activities at presidential events and people try to adhere to them and, I think, for the most part, do.

What incredible nonsense. If it's a taxpayer funded event, the f*cking administration doesn't get a veto on the audience. That's what the RNC is for.

Mary Ellen said...

I wish they hadn't settled. I would rather have seen someone go to jail. We lost so many of our rights under this President, but the right to free speech and assembly is the worst, IMO. I feel like we're living in a police state.

enigma4ever said...

ahhh Mary Ellen,...that is because we are...if you can b arrested becuase the turd in cheif does not like your thoughts or your clothes....what woud we call that ...well, besides 1984 ??? I want our country back..not this mess...

enigma4ever said...

ohhh and Mr Edu Whisper...thank you for still blogging on what matters...and what needs fixing...it takes heart and courage to do that..