Friday, June 09, 2006

Zarqawi "Brought To Justice," But To What End?

Is it me, or is the W's profusive use of the phrase "brought to justice" to reference the killing of Zarqawi a political euphemism dreamed up by the whole team of propagandists at the W, Rove and Co to make the president sound less like the murderers they suggest they have saved us all from and have been condemning for so long? A better question would be, what end did the assassination by 500 lb bombs buy us, the American Taxpayers? Answer: W hasn't a fucking clue.
Q Thank you, Mr. President. Your initial public comments on the death of Zarqawi have been described as more cautious than other developments, such as the capture of Saddam Hussein. Are you more cautious now? And, if so, why?

PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, let me make sure everybody understands, I'm thrilled that Zarqawi was brought to justice. And I am so proud of our troops and intelligence officers who brought him to justice. This man had a lot of blood on his hands. He killed a lot of people. And it's a big deal to have brought him to justice. Having said that, I don't want the American people to think that a war is won with the death of one person, that we have still more work to do.

I am confident that al Qaeda will try to regroup and kill other people in order to say, well, we haven't lost our -- we haven't lost our way. I believe that. I also know that there are criminal elements and irritated people inside of Iraq who will try to stop the progress of the government; they will continue to bomb.
Excuse me?!?..."they will continue to bomb..." The ROI in Iraq has never, ever been worth the outlay, Q.E.D. one more time.

No comments: