Saturday, January 31, 2009

Still Digging Helen

Looks like the Obama Administration is not immune from the wily inquisitiveness of Helen Thomas. I love her & I'm glad she's got a seat in the new press briefing room. Learned something new today - looks like she takes one day off a week:
Yes, Helen.

Q You were you saying that the President intends to attach strings to any new money in the stimulus package, aren't you?

MR. GIBBS: I'm sorry, say that again?

Q That you intend to attach a string -- attached to any giving of any more money in the stimulus.

MR. GIBBS: In the bailout money, right?

Q Right.

MR. GIBBS: Yes, I think that it is, again, very safe to assume that the way that the money will be used and what it can be used for will be different than what we've seen come before. And I think that the President is anxious to have that -- those decisions made and outlined. And I think you'll see those relatively soon.

Q When is he going to hold his first news conference?

MR. GIBBS: He is anxious and eager to do so, and we're trying to find him a time to do that. Will you have a question, if he does?

Q Twenty-four hours a day, six days a week?

MR. GIBBS: Are you busy around 2:00 a.m. this morning? (Laughter.) No, we'll -- I promise you, you'll get -- you'll get your chance.

No comments: