Monday, January 12, 2009

Bush: Fear Monger To The Bitter End

Among other things, we find that Bush is going to stick to the "terrorist threat" approach as he continues to peddle fear to the very end:
Q In your 2002 State of the Union address, you identified U.S. threats as an axis of evil -- Iran, Iraq and North Korea. Iraq is relatively calm; North Korea is no longer on the terrorist threat list. How would you define, if, in fact, there is an axis of evil? And what is the greatest and most urgent threat when it comes to security that Barack Obama has to deal with?

THE PRESIDENT: The most urgent threat that he'll have to deal with, and other Presidents after him will have to deal with, is an attack on our homeland. You know, I wish I could report that's not the case, but there's still an enemy out there that would like to inflict damage on America -- Americans. And that will be the major threat.
Perhaps it's because Bush wasn't able to actually kill the real devil (bin Laden), but some may disagree. It could be that it's the "economy, stupid," which was broken on Bush's watch that is our biggest threat. The wolf in sheep's clothing, it seems, comes wrapped in the Stars and Stripes, disguised as a capital P "Patriot."

Unscripted, answering questions off the cuff, I think we see the President Bush for who he really is. These are his most honest moments. What do you make of this next paragraph, which I'm almost certain won't be highlighted in any of the AP wire clips we see today or the next:
Q It was never the "loneliest office in the world" for you?

THE PRESIDENT: No, not for me. We had a -- people -- we -- I had a fabulous team around me of highly dedicated, smart, capable people, and we had fun. I tell people that, you know, some days happy, some days not so happy, every day has been joyous. And people, they say, I just don't believe it to be the case. Well, it is the case. Even in the darkest moments of Iraq, you know, there was -- and every day when I was reading the reports about soldiers losing their lives, no question there was a lot of emotion, but also there was times where we could be light-hearted and support each other.

And I built a team of really capable people who were there not to serve me, or there to serve the Republicans, they were there to serve the country. And President-Elect Obama will find, as he makes these tough calls and tough decisions, that he'll be supported by a lot of really good people that care -- care about the country, as well.
I get no remorse, no regret, and a tone that doesn't convey any sincerity or understanding about the amount of damage and collateral damage this man and his administration caused. "...every day has been joyous?" Holy crap!

What say you blogosphere?

Blog on friends, blog on all.

2 comments:

SheaNC said...

Here's what I think:

1. Fearmongering is using fear to manipulate public opinion and/or policy. Terrorism is using terror to manipulate public opinion and/or policy. Fear and terror are basically the same thing. So, the Bush administration are terrorists, and have turned our country into a terrorist state.

2. Osama Bin Laden now goes by the name "Slim Layton" and works as a ranch hand on a ranch in Crawford, Texas.

3. Every day has indeed been joyous, if you define joyous as a mind-shattering, soul-crushing, cortex-clubbing dance through the fiery pits of hell.

Bloggin' on, looking forward...

Anonymous said...


I'm George Bush and it's good to be me

I had a great time being your President. It's been good for you. Y'all will come to realize in time that I am a historical figure of major proportion. Today, you haven't, because you're all a bunch of short-sighted narrow-minded ignorant bastards who never got it but voted for me anyway which explains the previous part. I was saved. And I saved y'all. God bless.