Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Couple Of Sweet Old Ladies

I'm likin' these new bloggers:
If I hear that McCain is a Maverick one more time I just might throw myself to the floor and break a hip. A maverick is an independent individual who doesn’t go along with a group or party. If John McCain’s a maverick I am one of those cheerleaders on the sidelines of Harold’s beloved Dallas Cowboys. Nobody seems to dispute that the Republican party led by George W. Bush got us into this mess but what everybody seems to forget is that Sarah Palin and John McCain are Republicans. Look, when the Religious Right came knocking at the door of the RNC Membership Round-Up, someone should have turned out the porch lights and told everyone inside to be quiet until they went away… the same thing I do when those nice looking boys on bicycles with bibles come to my door. But the Republicans opened that door, invited them in and now they have to live with that decision.

Cecilia, when was the last time a politician brought a tear to your eye… moved you deep in your soul? Honestly when was the last time you really felt that Americans could do anything if we put our hearts and minds to it? I am an old lady. Most of my life politicians have moved me. Most of my life I have felt that Americans can do anything if we put our hearts and minds to it. It’s been 8 long years. I had almost forgotten what that felt like. Thank you Barack Obama. Thank you.

1 comment:

SheaNC said...

I echo your sentiments... it's been so long since I could actually respect a political leader, I had forgotten what it was like. When I watched Obama's "infomercial" the other night, it was moving, and incredibly positive.

You know, if McCain had shown a prime-time broadcast like that, it would have been 20 minutes of "I was a POW," followed by 10 minutes of vicious and truth-challenged Obama-bashing. Nothing positive about the future, just more of the same downward spiral into the same dusty pages of history as the British Empire and the Soviet Union.

Hope is on the horison!