Tuesday, November 07, 2006

San Francisco Values

Judging by the preliminary results of Tuesday's election, it looks like a little bit of the good, old fashioned, San Francisco values are going to be seeping in between a serious crack in the veneer that is the GOP moral ethic.

P.S. Looks like the W, Rove and Co has to scratch another "hypothetical" off the list of hypotheticals they aren't willing to discuss and start thinking seriously about what to do next.
Q Tony, if the Democrats do take the House control --

MR. SNOW: We don't answer "if control" questions.

Q There would be a phone call from the President, presumably, is that right?

MR. SNOW: The President makes phone calls on election night. I'm just not going to get into hypotheticals, but --

Q Can you quantify how many calls, to how many candidates?

MR. SNOW: No. I think it's -- I think this is something that you sort of play by ear. There is no "to do list" on calls. I'm sure the President is going to talk to a lot of people for whom and with whom he's campaigned. He'll be talking with House leaders. But, no, I don't have any real sense.

Q Will there be any opportunity to see him watching results tonight?

MR. SNOW: I doubt it. No plans for that, no.

Q -- from Karl at all, have they talked anything, numbers wise, what they're hearing, latest news?

MR. SNOW: Karl has sort of briefed him, but, look, you've got -- at this point, it's all up to voters. And the President, I'm sure -- well, I know I'm going to be doing some radio interviews; I know Ken Mehlman is doing some interviews. So there's going to be an effort to keep Republican voters motivated and excited about Election Day.
And would you say the voters have spoken?

No comments: