Saturday, November 04, 2006

Does The Bible Have Any Guidance For This Election?

I had a small business venture in Anaheim over night Friday. I love hotels because it’s the only time I have where it’s quiet (when not traveling with the whole family) where I can read the Bible – provided faithfully by local Gideons.

Sure enough, this hotel was no exception. After slipping between the sheets, I reached around into the end table and found the usual small book tucked in the otherwise barren drawer: Old and New Testaments, of course. I found a few verses that apply to the political climate in America today.

Have a look and see what you think:
Woe to those who decree unrighteous decrees, who write misfortune, which they have prescribed. Isaiah 10:1.
For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness. Romans 1:18.
Therefore you are inexcusable O man, who ever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. Romans 2:1.

No comments: