Friday, April 13, 2007

Meanwhile, Uncle Karl's Busy Deleting More Email

Really, there is no such thing as a permanent delete for email these days. The traces bounce to so many servers, they can be found fairly quickly by a savvy tech person. You have to wonder why they are not forthcoming with the email, rather than spend time on the pointless question as to intent. Surely, Uncle Karl knows full well what he is politically doing. That's his job. Do believe otherwise is to be in complete denial about Uncle Karl's position in the W, Rove and Co.
Karl Rove's lawyer on Friday dismissed the notion that President Bush's chief political adviser intentionally deleted his own e-mails from a Republican-sponsored server, saying Rove believed the communications were being preserved in accordance with the law.
Who cares what Rove believed here. A better question for these nuts is why are you not delivering them? We know they are out there some where. What are they hiding?

Of course, the Whitehouse press pool decided to pusue the same line of query today. Dana had her mitts full trying to deflect questions about Uncle Karl today. Mainly, she doesn't know a lot, admitedly. Here's a slice, of which I wonder what the double-delete function is and why was Uncle Karl's account change this Jan? Any one out there know?
Q Okay, unknown. In 2006, alone among White House staffers with GWB accounts, Karl Rove's account is changed from -- so that he is not able to use the double-delete function. That double-delete function remained in for the other White House staffers with GWB accounts.

MS. PERINO: That I'm not sure of, but I will check into, to make sure I have that right. I know for sure for Karl, but I don't know about the others.

Q Do you know at what point in 2006 this subsequently changed?

MS. PERINO: January.

Q January 2006. And do we know what the impetus was for that change?

MS. PERINO: That's what I don't know.

Q You're going to work on getting the answers to those?

MS. PERINO: We're working on getting them. I'll do what I can. And, again, there is a review that's ongoing by our Counsel's Office. And there may be some things that I'm not going to be able to provide answers to while that process is ongoing. I will do my best.

Q Did he know that the double-delete didn't work for him in 2006?

MS. PERINO: I don't know and will try to find out.

Oh, and on a funnier note, here's a fun Mark Fiore video revolving round Uncle Karl's MC debut.

No comments: