Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Obama's Stand In for Kennedy

Got this via Yahoo Messenger:
A friend ended up taking their now college-age daughters to Middletown for Wesleyan's commencement speechifying. There was mild applause for early speakers. When Obama was introduce the place went wild, applause, cheering, etc., and it didn't stop. Wesleyan's president finally had to say, "Please stop applauding so we can hear the speech." They loved it. The girls loved it. Heavy Secret Service. Snipers on every rooftop.
I'm sure, by comparison, Obama's was splendid. Here you can read for yourself:
I did, however, get the chance to glance at the speech he planned on delivering today, and I'd like to start by passing along a message from Ted: "To all those praying for my return to good health, I offer my heartfelt thanks. And to any who'd rather have a different result, I say, don't get your hopes up just yet!"
Of course, you can listen to it here. Of course, you can you tube it, I'm sure. Well, I'll save you the trouble - here you go.




Enjoy

No comments: