Tuesday, August 31, 2004

My Big Brother in Baghdad - 2

Glad to hear that the kids had fun at Patrick's house. I sure do miss playing with the kids. I have my laptop with me. I let it scroll through the photos like a slide show. Lots of good photos that put a smile on my face. We have three great kids.

Well it is day number three here. Last night we had an "Alarm Red," i.e., the base took some hits. Usually via rockets, projectiles or mortars. This afternoon, I went on my first UXO (Unexploded Ordnance) call. A rocket was stuck in the ground at the end of a runway. It was an Iraqi made rocket. Then while at dinner, we had another attack. Alarm Reds are a daily occurrence here and everyone here takes them in stride.


Well my dear, I hope you are able to get some rest in. I sure do miss you, the kids, our friends, the house (better than a tent) and having a bathroom within a few feet. When I get a chance, I send you a few photos of our facilities. They are lovely.

No comments: