Tuesday, August 31, 2004

My Big Brother in Baghdad - 1

Hello everyone,

This is only my second day here in Iraq. It is hot, dusty, and the air pollution is high, but I'm having fun now that I'm here.

It took five days to get here. Two of the days were spent at Naval Station Norfolk waiting for the contracted AMC rotator. Three of the days were on Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar. The AMC contracted rotator dumps you on Al Udeid.

At Al Udeid, I had to wait for an aircraft heading north. I'd have to say its kind of a strange air passenger movement system at Al Udeid. Everyone is expected to work their own air travel north. Seats are first come first serve and cargo seems to be the priority.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. I have to cut this e-mail short. There was a bang outside (somewhere) and we just went into to Alarm Red. Such is life here(so I'm told).

No comments: